Timeline of known events.
- Start of World War II.
- Introduction of nuclear-powered ion and plasma spaceship engines.
- Foundation of the World Community Research Council.
- Latest possible dates for World War III and establishment of World Community.
- WCRC North African Space Research Centers now operational.
- World Trade Authority formed to coordinate international commerce.
- Colonial I, the first space freighter, enters service.
- Work starts on Lunar Station.
- Lunar Station operational.
- Work starts on Mars Station.
- Early in the year, the Martian Queen leaves Miami Spaceport for Mars, making the first commercial passenger spaceflight.
- First shipment of new alloys from Lunar industry.
- SSF 21D Cutlass Mk. I enters production.
- World Community begins to suspect that there is intelligent life in the Alpha Centauri System.
- CAM 130 Cyclops enters production.
- Transmissions from Pathfinder Alpha, indicating intelligent life, are received.
- First contact made with Alpha Centaurians.
- Trade and Technology Exchange Agreement signed with Alphans.
- First human science teams sent to Alpha I. They are given demonstrations of Fatboys and observe the City-Ships.
- World Trade Authority becomes Terran Trade Authority.
- First orbital industrial center off Jupiter completed.
- First Energy Absorbent Defense Shield (EADS) produced by TTA.
- Proximans begin testing first K34 Bee prototypes.
- Mars Shipyards completed.
- In response to growing demands for commercial travel to Alpha Centauri System, the first Interstellar Queen Mk. I is launched.
- Pathfinder IX survey ship destroyed by Proxima Centaurians.
- Late in the year, Alpha I is attacked by Proxima. Beginning of Proxima Wars.
- An Interstellar Queen Mk. I is destroyed by Proxima Centaurians.
- War declared between the World Community and Proximan Government.
- Formation of the Alliance between Alphan Government and the World Community.
- Production of the SSF 21D Cutlass Mk. I is halted by the war's onset.
- MRT 114 Mule enters service.
- 18 months after the war’s start, TDA realizes that the war will be longer than had been foreseen, and begins planning Solar System defenses.
- Proximan Government presumably develops FTL capability around this time.
- Severe losses for both sides leads to a shift in tactics: smaller-scale engagements become more common, large-scale confrontations almost end.
- TDA 107C Partisan enters production at Mars Shipyards.
- Early in the year, the Proximans begin using K13 Sharks.
- Avery Astronaitics first demonstrates Hornets to TDA officials, who place the first orders a week later.
- Second Proximan offensive into the Solar System deemed imminent, but does not occur.
- Partisan production moves from Mars to Jupiter Shipyards.
- First Hornet squadron launched in mid-year.
- Final months-long assault against Proximan Homeworlds.
- Proximans make last stand on Proxima II.
- Peace Treaty negotiated. Proxima Wars end.
- Beginning of Reconstruction.
- Cutlass production is permanently ended.
- Development of Interstellar Queen Mk. II begins.
- K34 Bee is rushed into production.
- Interstellar Queen Mk. II enters service.
- By this time, Jet tubes connect Sierra Leone-Rio de Janeiro, Panama City-Honolulu, San Francisco-Honolulu, Tokyo-Honolulu, and Tokyo-Darwin.
- Large wooden spaceship is discovered drifting into the Proxima Perimeter.
- Mysterious alien ship sighted on planet Sirius II.
- Interstellar Queen en route to Alpha I from Terra discovers a wreck containing the abducted Banshee.
- Second wreck is discovered drifting into spacelanes.
- Voyager II arrives at Arcturus System.
- Prospectors discover an alien wreck on the planet Lalande.
- Jet tube from Perth to Durban opens.
Early Twenty-Second Century:
- Great Rebellion rages for around ten days (at the least).
- Conestoga deposited between Arcturus and Solar System.
- TDA battleship Chicago begins its deep-space tour of duty.
- After seventeen months, Chicago crew mutinies and kills officers. Four months later they land on Laguna 9.
- The mutant descendents of those exposed to nuclear radiation in the Proxima Wars (of all three species) are relocated to the Capella System aboard six Voyager VIs and four Conestogas.
"Mid Twenty-Second Century:"
- Human-controlled ships cease to be developed.
- Mass industrial exodus off Terra.
- No Terran/Lagunan military materiel produced after than this date.
- Commander Bernd Gerling staves off accidental destruction of a TDA fleet at Proxima Centauri and is made a member of the TDA War Group.
- May: Venturer departs from Miami Spaceport.
- January: "Mothball Fleet" departs for Laguna System under command of Bernd Gerling.
- February: Battle for Terra; death of the Terran/Lagunans and end of the Laguna Wars.
- Several ships returning from the Menkalinan System disappear near Capella. FLEA investigations reveal nothing.
- Several more ships disappear near Capella, and the pirate settlement on Capella is dealt with.
- June 22nd: First lot selection of the Nimrodian Club; Carl Hinton and Robin Maxwell are selected.
- June 29th: First duel of the Nimrodian Club; Carl Hinton kills Robin Maxwell.
Twentieth Century - Twenty-First Century - Twenty-Second Century - Twenty-Third Century - Twenty-Fourth Century